Monday 14 March 2011

First draft of the website: home page

This is my first draft of the home page of my website. It follows the standard codes and conventions the home page of a website for a film would have (film title, navigation menu, social media buttons etc.) however, looking at other film websites within the same horror genre, it seems that this home page looks a bit too crowded to fit the horror genre. As well as that, during this stage of the production of the film - when the teaser trailer is released - the website shouldn't hold too much information about the film. The navigation menu also seems to be in an ackward place.
I used the same image and fonts from my poster to show consistancy and so the audience would know that they are related to each other.

This is another version of my homepage for my website. I am experimenting with the layout of the page to see which would suit the genre of our teaser trailer.
Which version do you think is better? Are there any improvements I could do to either one?

No comments:

Post a Comment