Thursday 4 February 2010

Mock up plan of my DPS

This is the mock up of my double page spread. I chose to use a similar composition of what Kerrang used for Circa Survive (my first DPS analysis) because I thought that it was a good layout and follows all the conversions.
The layout is in a 'C' shape and the image would take up to two-thirds of the double page and the article would take one-third. This is because i would want the consumer to value the image more than the article itself. Having the image take two-thirds of the double page would also attract the audience because when we skim through the DPS we would always judge it by the image on the pages and the surrounding texts i.e. Pull quote, leading text etc.
The article itself will be an interview with a member of the band featured on the front cover, Right Hook Ruin; in this case, I will be interviewing the lead guitarist of the band.
The colour scheme of the text will connect with the mise-en-scene of the image. As Right Hook Ruin is a British band, I am going to have the band members wear blue, white and red clothes; this could show their patriotism.

No comments:

Post a Comment