Monday 29 March 2010

Final draft of my DPS

This is my final draft of my DPS. I did some improvements to it. I also experimented with colour to see which ones suited my DPS.
First of all, instead of blue splatters around the article, I changed the colour to black. This is because it will allow the colour scheme to stay consistent with the other publications.

Not only that, I tried adding splatters to the main body text to see if it will look good - the result is shown here ------------------------------>
However, I thought that it looked a bit too messy and could cause the reader to have a hard time reading the article itself, and so i erased them. To make up to this, I added more splatters to the edges of the DPS and the article. I also changed the colour of the leading text to make it more consistent with the colour scheme of the front cover, unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact same pink as shown in the front cover and so  it didn't give the same effect.

<---- As well as experimenting with the splatters, I also experimented with the colour of the article title and the byline. I thought that it may be aesthetically good as it connects with the colour of the wall in the background. However, it didn't look as good as it could be and so I left it white; this also keeps the magazine's consistency.
I also deleted the page number on the left hand side as it would of clashed with the splatters.

No comments:

Post a Comment