Monday 29 March 2010

First draft of my contents page

This is my first draft of my contents page
As you can see from my mock up TOCs, i have chosen to follow my first TOC mock up.
After researching and analysising some existing contents pages created for the magazines: Kerrang and NME, I tried to use some conventions from both of those magazines.
The layout of the contents page is mainly from Kerrang, however I put the text on the left third of the page and the image on the right two-thirds. The eye flow follows the eye flow used in Kerrang; a 'C' shape. This means that the reader would first see the issue number first, gradually moving to the text in the left third and then to the bottom-right image.
Overall, I think most of the conventions were from Kerrang and it seems to resemble it. Compared to my first drafts of my front cover and my DPS, I think that this first draft is the strongest. There are only minor improvements which needs to be touched on.

No comments:

Post a Comment